Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Herzog and Lynch's Horror Film

If you're like me, that title alone was enough to get you excited for My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?, a new film to be directed by Werner Herzog and produced by David Lynch that's set to start shooting in March. Not only does this project find three of my favorite aspects of movies (Herzog, Lynch, and Horror) colliding into one epic storm of weirdness, but according to this article, the cast is slated to include Willem Dafoe, Michael Shannon, and-- believe it-- Udo Kier. Herzog has definitely made some weird choices of late, not least of which is his upcoming "reimagining" of Bad Lieutenant with Nicholas Cage and Val Kilmer, but for me, this is definitely the most exciting. Check out this interview with Herzog for more details about this, his hatred of film professors, and his upcoming book.

No comments: